Visit the Trading Post to trade in your finds, earn points and leave with cool natural artifacts! Learn about the natural environment when you bring in artifacts. Our education interpreters will answer questions about your finds, and you’ll accumulate points to trade for other cool natural artifacts.
(Psst… if you’re already an experienced trader… have you visited the post lately? It just got a refresh and is looking better than ever – be sure to stop by next time you visit the Aquarium!)
It’s easy to start trading!
1. Get out and explore! Find accepted natural artifacts in your surroundings. Respect all wildlife, habitats and private property while you are collecting.
2. Research and write down what you discover about your natural artifacts.
3. Bring in up to two artifacts at a time to trade and earn points.
We accept a variety of natural and recyclable items, including:
– Shark teeth
– Specific recyclable items: bottle caps, natural wine corks, old cell phones, computer ink cartridges, chip bags, paper towel rolls, glass, crayola Markers
We are unable to accept these items, but you may snap a photo and bring it to the Trading Post to learn more:
– Bird items
– Live or recently deceased animals
– Items from endangered or protected species or wildflowers
Participate in Points or Treat this Halloween!
Visit the Trading Post from October 24-31 and answer trivia about the Aquarium to earn points to trade or pick a treat!
Open daily, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
(No one at the Post? Just find an Aquarium educator to help you start your trade!)